Monday, August 3, 2009

Warning! Don't look if you get sick easy

We went to UNM hospital at 1:30 in the afternoon. They didn't check Jakob out until 10:30pm that night. The pictures are all in wrong order, so just start at the end.
This was after he was woken up and the stitches were all in. He still looks a little drugged, but he is ok. He asked for this picture to be taken.
This is how he looked when they knocked him out. I wish he had stayed this calm while they were stitching him up. See the Iv on the left arm. It came out a little during the stitching, so not all the pain med and sleeping aids got to him. Most of them did, but I still think he could feel it. He also asked me to take these.

Here is right when they were done stitching him up. I had promised him I would take pics to show him, so after I was done crying like a baby, I snapped on for him.



Right before the stitches they hooked him up to a heart monitor and he thought that was the coolest thing. They also gave him a gown to cover himself up with because he didn't want the nurses to see him without a shirt. He thought all this stuff was so cool.




When we got to the hospital ER they gave him a name bracelet. You would have thought it was Christmas. He was so happy. They also hooked him up to a heart monitor. He asked what would happen if he took if off. I told him the nurses would think he was dead and come running in. He said we should take it off and he would pretend to be dead and stick his tongue out. What a little turkey. He so takes after his father.


1 comment:

Natalie said...

Katie- too bad this didn't happen 2 months ago when Ben was working- He could have pulled you back at the ER WAY before 10:30! So sorry you had to wait that long....I hate that waiting area- its just yuck. Glad Jakob is doing ok.

My Guest Book! Check it out!