Monday, August 24, 2009

First Day of the New School

I took the kids to their new school today.

Jakob- I was worried he would not go into class (He had prev told us he would not go to school. With any other kid I would not have worried, but this was Jakob). He went right in, met his teacher (who is totally nice) and sat right down. Jeff and I gave him a hug and then we left. No drama!

Logan- He had already met his teacher on thurs afternoon. He went right into class without any crying or worrying.

Kellsie- She was up most of the night stressing (she must get that from Jeff's side, because I never stress over stuff like that). Her teacher is a man (first time for a male teacher) and he is hardcore math (which we love). He does not teach everyday math, does not even know what that is. Kellsie did not want us to leave and I was afraid she was going to start crying. Then two boys came up to her and started talking (of course she would attract the boys, that is when I didn't want to leave). She said I could go. I wanted to stay there and help her through the hard day, but she is strong.

Then I got a call from Brandi (she works at the school and is a friend of mine). Logan went down the slide at recess and it was all wet from the rain. He had to go to the nurses office for new clothes. Then I got a call from the office saying they couldn't take my blessing certs (like every other school does) and they needed birth certs (which I went online and ordered). Then another call from Jakob's teacher ( I was afraid he already got kicked out of class) letting me know I needed to pick him up at a different location (very cool of her to call).

So three calls from the new school in 1 hour. Must be a record.

Lukas is finally down for a nap. I need to eat lunch (2pm, so sad).

2 comments:

Marie said...

Everyday math is such a mess, even the teachers in APS don't like it.

Hayley had to do and exercise the first day to get to know other classmates she picked three girls she knows from last year and two boys that she didn't know before. Kellsie is a beautiful and sweet girl. Hayley had a male teacher last year.

Logan will charm his teacher with his winning smile and his willingness to learn.

Jakob is a big brother now. I would love having him in my class.

I am so glad you found a school you are happy with.

Unknown said...

Thanks Marie! You are so positive! I love it!

My Guest Book! Check it out!