Tuesday, August 11, 2009

and the updates keep coming

Early afternoon the dr asked if we could put Lukas on formula for 24 hours, to see if that would help. Of course I said yes. you see we had already put him on 1/2 formula and 1/2 breast milk for the past could days and just 6 hours before his last test we went to straight breast milk.

So Jeff came to the hospital and I went home to shower and change (didn't sleep, but I got to spend some time with the kids). The Dr called me on my cell phone and said she was sorry that they took me off of breast milk. i told her whatever we could try to help him get home sooner. she then said ( I almost threw the phone, but since i would have to buy another one, I choose to keep listening) that if babies with jaundice are given formula for 24 hours, that they go down in numbers by 50% without the billy lights. WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I should have listened more to the nurses and pushed the formula on my own. Hind sight I guess.

I had asked her on 2 other occasions if we should go to just formula and she kept telling me to breast feed. Could we have been out of her earlier? I then asked her/told her that we needed to keep Lukas on the lights longer this time. she said she would keep him on the lights until he hit the number 10. THANK HEAVENS. Now we have a game plan that looks promising. So he has been on the lights since 6am and we will keep them the whole night too. then i don't know if they will let us go home or if they will keep him another 10 hours to see if the levels stay down.

The kids are going to visit tomorrow. We haven't told them yet, but I know they will be thrilled.

Today the kids went to vicky's home to play and it was nice for them to get out of the house and play. then they went to Laurels house for dinner and she took them to Faith in God and Cub scouts at the church. I got to go to the hospital earlier than expected and spend some time with Jeff. I haven't seen him except for an hour here and there with the kids for dinner.

Paul came up to the hospital to help Jeff give Lukas a blessing. Brandie and Paul were able to see the baby while they were here.

Thanks for all the prayers.

No comments:

My Guest Book! Check it out!