Friday, August 14, 2009

Ever feel like a bad mom??? Read this!!!

Story #1
So yesterday I overhear a conversation the dr is having with a young girl on the phone. He is telling her that there is something going on with her baby and they think it is realated to recreational drugs. But she keeps telling him that she didn't do any. finally she tells him that she only did POT because the midwife said it would help with Morning sickness. HA!

i totally should have tried that! I was trying so hard not to laugh outloud. i don't know if the midwife really told her to do that or not, but still..and either way... Makes me feel like a better mom.

Story #2
Then this couple comes in everyday to feed their kid. But they can only come in once a day (they would like to come more), but they don't own a car! And they are grateful they have state aid, because they can't afford to feed the baby unless the state WIC pays for it.

What is going on with the world, when you can't afford a crappy car, but the state will pay for you to have a baby.

Story #3
There is this girl that looks about 16 ( I am guessing because she likes to wear these pants that say bootielicious). she comes without her ID bracelet and the nurse keeps making her go home and get it before she can see the baby. So yesterday her daughter was getting discharged. The nurse called her 3 times to remind her to bring her id bracelet and to bring the car seat. The nurse told her she would not get to take her baby home if she came without those.

guess what? she came without both of them. Her mom had to come down and bring her id bracelet and the car seat. I guess I shouldn't be surprised to see her smoking outside the hospital when i was going to eat dinner. Poor little baby!

Story #4
another baby was being discharged yesterday. The parents were suppose to be there at 12noon. They called at 12noon to say they wouldn't be there until 2pm. They really didn't show up until after 4pm. the baby had been in for over a month. I know I would make it there early, just to get my baby.

So, do you feel like a better mom. I know I sometimes feel like smoking pot would make my day better (just kidding in case you were wondering) but i don't do it and i totally wouldn't do it if I were prego. and the car seat thing just cracks me up. so next time you consider if you even can do the job...just remember the stories and feel better about your life.

1 comment:

Sara said...

thanks Katie. You totally made my day. Poory babies.

My Guest Book! Check it out!