Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I love it when I'm right!!!

Everyone keeps telling me that the antibiotics will be done on thurs afternoon. I keep telling them to recalculate them because my times are late on wed night. So finally one nurse listened to me and relooked at the paperwork. Someone had mislabeled the times and the last dose of the antibiotics are thurs mooring at 2am. I'm right! I'm right! I'm right! Well, not really wed, but still earlier than they thought, so it still counts as my win!

There are no dr's here, only on call that early in the AM. The nurse today, said she would have everything done on her side for me to go home. I have already watched the CPR video and the hearing test should be done tomorrow. that leaves only the dr. she said I could talk to him and see if he could work some magic and discharge me that early in the AM. If not, I would have to wait until about 8am or 9am to go home. I just don't want to be here any longer than I have to. and the longer we are here the more at risk he is for getting sick by someone else. and I also want him to see sunlight and the world outside a dumb room that is sectioned off by curtains.

Also they are doing construction on the other side of the wall Lukas is on. So we keep hearing hammering and drilling. I moved the crib away from the wall. That helped some of the vibration. And he can sleep through most of it. Some of the other babies keep waking up. I feel really bad for them.

So good news!!! I will be going home on wed night to get the kids ready for school. Jeff will spend the night here. So I only have 20 more hours in this place before I am outta here! and another 8 or so hours for Jeff. count down begins.

3 comments:

Highlander said...

AWESOME!!!!!!!!! Post more picture when you are home and settled.

Stephanie said...

I am so happy for you that there is an end in sight! You are a strong woman - I admire you for putting your foot down and insisting on the best for your baby! I can't wait to see pictures of Lukas at home.

Unknown said...

i wanna see pics of lukas! when can they be expected?

My Guest Book! Check it out!