Thursday, August 13, 2009

Tests back

The blood work came back fine. He has enough oxygen levels in his blood ( I really don't know what that means, but it is good).

The xrays came back. Everything good except for he has a inflammation and they think it is Pneumonia. They are treating it with a 7 day antibiotic through an IV. I hate IV's. i wish he didn't have to have one, but the dr said their is no other way to give it to him. but at least there is no heart murmur or anything like that.

they did have to put a cathitor in and collect his pee for a culture, but he didn't even cry for it. i thought that was good until the nurse told me he was just too tired from earlier to cry. AHHH! Poor baby.

I do think he is strong enough to carry the name Stone. I called Jeff and told him I was going upstairs to see if we can change his name on the birth request sheet. Jeff said maybe for a middle name, he doesn't want to change his first name now. Good because I like it!

did I tell you Lukas' nurse today is named Joe? he is amazing and I already love him. He is aggressive at treating jaundice (about time) and he is cool. I know Jeff is going to like him.

so we are here at least 7 more days.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Oh, Katie, I can't believe how much you're going through. I'm actually starting to think that it may be a blessing in disguise, that he came down with jaundice in order to keep him in the hospital. Not that I want to scare you, but my sister's baby died from pneumonia at 4 months, with no warning what-so-ever. It's quite the blessing for him to be in the hospital to get a diagnosis and treatment asap, with such a little babe. I'll keep you in my prayers. I'll keep Lukas (your rock/stone) in my prayers. Love you.

My Guest Book! Check it out!