Saturday, June 28, 2008

Kellsie's friday apt

We got up early Friday morning (7:30am) to get to Kellsie's apt at 8:30am. The man we were seeing was putting her new insert in for her left foot. They had to cut it down to size and shape it a little more, so it didn't hurt her so much. We were there until 10:30!

I was a little frustrated at first, he came in with am insert that was about 2 inches above her ankle (white plastic), so I asked him if he was going to cut it down. He said no. Something about the insurance only covering one type of insert and it was the one with the tall sides. Jeff said I was a little rude to him in talking to him about the sides, so when he came back in I said that I was sorry for the way I was talking, but that I was under the impression last time, that we were going with the shorter sides (because I told him last time insurance DID cover the shorter ones and I thought he checked that out and agreed with me). He told me not to worry about it, that when he went out he double checked and I WAS right, she could have the shorter sides.

Could you imagine Kellsie starting 4th grade with this while plastic sicking out of her shoes 2 "above her ankles? That would have been messed up!

I really like how well this guy does his job and how well all her braces and inserts work, but I was really frustrated that he didn't remember/ care about the height. I guess I expect them to write things down and then before the next apt READ THE NOTES! I pay a lot of money to these people and I expect them to put more brain power into this. Kellsie is my daughter, and I want them to pay better attention.

I did get a call from the physical Therapy office. They said I was right on the 35.00 co pay after all (I ALREADY KNEW THAT!)

No comments:

My Guest Book! Check it out!