Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The down low on Logan

Logan will be 7 on July 7th. For the past couple months he has been talking like there is a major maturity change coming. He has been trying new foods (without crying or yelling or asking from us. His own choice). He told me that is because he is growing up and that is what you do when you grow up.

So today he tells me that he wants his own room. He does not want to share with Jakob or anyone for that matter. He wants us to move all the stuff out of the computer room and make that his bedroom. At first I laughed and then I thought about it from his side.

Logan likes to play by himself. More than other kids. He frequently comes to me and asks me to play with Jakob so he can have some alone time. The other thing is that Logan is really good at getting his chores done everyday. He likes his stuff pretty organized (for a 6 year old) and Jakob is...well...unorganized, toys everywhere kind of kid (nothing wrong with that. Typical 4 year old).

So Jeff and I were trying to figure how to accommodate Logan and still function as a household.

So on the way home from Judo I ask Jakob if he is excited about Logan possibly moving into the computer room. He says "Yes, because I can't wait to sleep in the computer room". Logan hears this and WWIII Hits.

So basically Logan wants his own space and Jakob wants to be right next to him until forever. Poor Jakob.

Wish us luck on figuring it all out.

4 comments:

Highlander said...

I want my own room too:)

Laura Looooo said...

good luck logie! and just send jakey here....he can snuggle with me :-)

Noelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Noelle said...

Good Luck Bella still sleeps with James and he's 11!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Guest Book! Check it out!