Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day

I hope all your hubbies had a good father's day. I feel a little bad for Jeff this year. I got up early to make him eggs with Bacon so the kids could give it to him in bed. OF COURSE I messed them up, so I can do cook them again ( I never really joke about my lack of cooking skills), which put us late getting out the door for church. I normally get there 1/2 hour early to set up all my chairs in class (if I don't the boys set them up for me, against the wall where they can rock their chairs) and get my items from the library. Well Jeff left with the kids 10 min til 9am and I left about 2 min til 9am. I walked into church right when they were signing the opening song. AHHHH!

Jeff made his own dinner ( I offered, but he declined) of chicken and shrimp kabobs. They were really good. THANKS JEFF!

We had family home evening and for the activity we gave him our gifts. Logan gave a talk on fathers and how great Jeff was and they he talked about the Scriptures and how the Prophets fight for the Lord against Satan and how Jeff was the same way, fighting for our family. I thought it was really cute and he thought of it all himself. Jeff got all his favorite treats: Doritos, Wheinharts root beer, Swedish fish and gum.

Kellsie gave a talk at church also. Her topic was Temples: She wrote the talk herself about what we need to do to in order to go in the temple, like keeping the commandments. She also talked about things she is doing now, so she can be ready for the Temple like dressing modestly. I was teaching at the time, so Jeff went to watch her, he said she did a really good job.

Jakob was asked to give the prayer in Primary (always a little iffy on what he will say). Jeff said he blessed that they would all be able to play and have fun. Gotta love my boy. At night when he says his personal prayers he blesses the food. I told him that he doest' have to bless the food, because we are not eating. He then reminded me that there is food in the house and he wants to bless it. Who am I to tell him how to pray, he knows what he is doing!

2 comments:

J. Peter said...

That's funny we got out the door much later than usual also. We walked in just after you. Kellsie did do a great job. It was a fantastic talk!

Christine Bushman said...

katie
if you didn't know who that is (above poster)...it is brother Ficklin

My Guest Book! Check it out!