Thursday, May 29, 2008

Proud

On Thursdays I go to Humanitarian Aid at our church. we do lots of projects to help our community and even things that Salt Lake can send to other countries in need.

Anyway right now we are working on blankets for the local VA center here in Albuquerque. I like this project for a lot of reasons. First, because I want to show my support of the people who put their lives on the line every day to keep us free. I also like learning about the different ways you can make a quilt. And third because I like having my kids help with service projects.

As soon as we got there, my kids went to work setting up tables and chairs for the women to work out. Kellsie went right to work on pinning blankets together so we could sew them. That saved a lot of time right there. And then after we were done, my kids went right to work taking down tables and putting things away. I was so proud of them. They are hard workers and I love that about them.

On a side note: If you have any fabric, thread, yard or stuff that can be used for quilting, and you want to donate it, now is the time. This is for a good cause and the goal is at least 50 blankets. We already have 4 done with many more in the works. If you are local, then come help us out from 9-12noon at our church.

No comments:

My Guest Book! Check it out!