Monday, May 12, 2008

Moving from Baby to Big Boy

In Many ways Jakob is a big boy. He is good at so many things. But sometimes he still acts like a baby (not a cry baby, but the youngest child, baby). His job is to clean his room along with Logan. The boys made a deal with each other. The divided the room in half when it comes to cleaning time. Logan always cleans his room fast and then the drama starts. Jakob doesn't want to clean his side. Or some of Logan's stuff is on his side and he doesn't want to clean Logan's stuff. or (and this is my favorite) Someone has to help me, I can't do it by myself.

Of course he can do the dishes by himself. Mop the floor by him self. Even clean Kellsie's room by himself. But there is no way in this world that he can clean his 1/2 of the room by himself. So right now I am hearing him cry and cry and cry. Then I hear him making deals with the other kids. He likes asking his sister to clean his room for him, but as soon as I found out that was happening, I stooped it really quick. He can't use her like that.

He doesn't get to play Wii or watch TV until it is done. So he wants to do it, just not bad enough to actually do it. It would take all of 10 min to get the room clean. I need him to take that final plunge from a baby to a big boy, before I loose all control over this house.

PLEASE JAKOB, CLEAN YOUR ROOM!

2 comments:

Highlander said...

My favorite is my leg hurts, I can't walk. Good luck--when he is done can he clean my room:)

Laura Looooo said...

tell Jakob that I will fly to Albq. and clean his room if he promises to be here for graduation to help me move out of my dorm room! Thanks little cuz :-)

My Guest Book! Check it out!