Tuesday, May 20, 2008

crazy times

So the end of the school year just keeps getting crazier and crazier. Tomorrow both of the kids have parties. I am making 50 cupcakes for one party and Kellsie just wanted a veggie platter for hers. And since I ran out of time today, I just bought one instead of making one. But she thought it was cool and that is all that matters.

Tomorrow night is also Kellsie's end of the year party for Girl Scouts. It will be at my house. I thought it was a good idea until I remembered that I have to clean the house a little before people come over. I have been working on a DVD for each girl with all the pictures that Laurel and I have taken over the year. It looks really cute! I hope the girls will like it.

Jeff got the swamp cooler up and running today. It was well over 90 degrees here, so we really needed to cool down. Jeff is still sick and I wish he wouldn't go to work tomorrow. At least he has been on antibiotics for over 24 hours now, he should be feeling better soon.

On Thursday there is a parent volunteer breakfast. I am also helping with that event. The principal asked me to make some food and after I stopped laughing, I let her know that I don't cook. She then went and made an announcement to all the teachers that it was a potluck and they needed to bring food. FUNNY!

4 comments:

Laura Looooo said...

is a swamp cooler another name for an air conditioner?

Anonymous said...

I hope Jimmy gets our cooler running today! BTW, tell Jeff that Jimmy is expecting him to break out the stash of pickeled garlic tonight.

Highlander said...

I think we live the same lives. Can I get one of those cupcakes? We need a nap!!!

Gina said...

I have discovered the answer to easy end of yr party food. Buy an ice cream maker for $25 from walmart. A gallon of whole milk, a container of oj concentrate, some ice and salt and you have a fabulous kid happy treat that only takes about 10 minutes, you can whip it up and take it to school to freeze(takes about 30-45 min to be done). I cannot tell you how much the girls' classes have loved it, how easy it is, how cheap it is and sort of healthy. You have to try it! Glad you are all done. The girls are out Frid. We are excited to see you soon!

My Guest Book! Check it out!