Sunday, May 11, 2008

More amazing friends

So at church today, Chris Bushman tells me she was thinking about kellsie and thought it might help to take her to a chiropractor. She reminded me that when something is not right with our feet, legs, back, etc. It also means more of our body is out of wack. She thought it might help to work on her hips or back or other body parts to see if that can help with her leg that is not adapting as much as the other one is. That is another great idea. I will call the chiropractor in the morning. Thanks for thinking of her Chris!

Also a couple weeks ago I taught Sunday school and the lesson was on fasting. So I taught the 12 and 13 year olds about the correct way to fast. To have something in mind that you or someone you know needs help with and then offer a prayer and fast for two meals. I challenged them to think about what they were going to fast for ahead of time. Some of them wanted ideas. I told them that me and our family were fasting for Kellsie and for help with her feet.

Today I asked if anyone remembered to fast and how it went. Many of them remembered and I was happy. But one girl told me she fasted and prayed for Kellsie as well and asked how everything had gone. I was excited to tell her that the dr thinks she will not have to have surgery and what great news that was. I could tell that she had a great spiritual experience and I was happy she thought of Kellsie. I am still amazed how blessed we are when we follow the commandments of God. Prayer and fasting, two basic things the Lord has asked us to do and yet we are blessed beyond our expectations.

5 comments:

Laura Looooo said...

i guess i can settle for u guys being so far away as long as you guys are surrounded by amazing people! love you!

Melanie said...

Yeah, I had her Tuesday morning and wow, labor sucks but yay for little babies! By the way, I have your spaghetti so I'll have to get that to you sometime. Sorry about that.

Unknown said...

Don't stress about the spaghetti. I knew I loaded it up in your car as soon as I got home. Sorry about that. Congrats on you little girl. I love her name. They said it in RS. Let me know if you need anything!

Anonymous said...

Happy Mothers Day to you too! You really are a good mom. RE the church lesson - It's always nice to know when you have made the connection and the kids really understand what's going on...

Laura Looooo said...

well... i was up in the air about going home... obviously i really wanted to.... but... it is my last week of classes...so its kind of important and i have lots to do and i would have been home from yesterday thru wednesday...so that kind of would of been a lot to miss. :-(

so i am here at school....

but mom and aunt kim still came out yesterday and we went shoppin for a dress for graduation, and to lunch, and they started moving some of my junk home :-)

My Guest Book! Check it out!