Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Kellsie's Dr. Apt

Today was her Dr apt.

We had some concerns, like:

*She is in Pain with her inserts, how can we fix that?
*She cannot wear her shoes for more than 2 hours without pain. How can she go to school for 7 hours in three weeks.
* Is she getting any better? We can't tell?

So this is what happened. We still have to go to physical therapy. She wants us going once a week, but when she saw me roll my eyes and start laughing, she said we could do it every other week (great that is only 70.00 per month instead of 140.00)

She sent us to get an insert for Kellsie's right foot (great in thought, but she is not the one that has to hear her daughter cry because her right foot now hurts too).

She wants Kellsie to have one or two surgery's. One to lengthen her heal muscle (not really the muscle, but the white stuff that protects the muscle). and one that lengthens the bones on both sides of her feet. The first surgery will put her in walking casts for three weeks. The second one will take her off her feet for 5 weeks. If we do one leg at a time ,then she will be on crutches for 5 weeks and then do the other foot and crutches again for another 5 weeks.

She said when people have pain with their inserts that they do whatever they can to relieve it. But with Kellsie, the inserts are where they need to be and if they change them, then it will not be helping. She said when she is in pain, to let her have a brake, and then put her back in them.

I didn't cry, even though I wanted to. Kellsie told me a couple nights ago, that it is hard not being able to do things because of her feet and the pain she feels. Man if I could take that pain away I would. I don't like seeing Kellsie in pain. She is such a good girl and I love her so much.

So anyway, we need to research the surgeries and pray about what to do next. So the drama (Kim Possible Reference)!

No comments:

My Guest Book! Check it out!