Thursday, July 17, 2008

Bank of America

We have moved a lot and one of the hardest parts of moving is banking. We use to bank with local places, but is is too hard to change over paychecks and direct deposit and work with automatic deductions and all that stuff. So when we moved to El Paso, we went with Bank of America. It is all over the place, we don't have to change banks when we move...

So I hate them! We have had so many problems with them. It started after we got robbed. I had to go down and close the checking and savings accounts and open new ones. Easy, I thought. But then they started charging me fees for the new account. I would email them and tell them I have direct deposit and the account was free. And they would credit the account and all would be fine, for a couple months. Then it would happen again, another 20.00 fee. Finally I went in, and they took care of it. Then the following month, another fee. Over and over again.

Then the old account they didn't close like they were suppose to (like I signed paperwork to close). Then they started charging me 20/per month as a fee for the closed one. I didn't find out until I got a letter saying they were going to send me to collection if I didn't get current. I took the letter in and told them the account was closed with a zero balance and they fixed it and closed it again.

So today I go online and I checked my savings account. It was a year review and they were suppose to put about 100.00 in our savings for a keep the change thing. I dont' check our savings account a lot because If I know how much we had, then I would spend it. Anyway, they have been charging me 3.00 per month for the past three months. aHHHHH!

I went online and did the online chat with a service rep. What a waste of 15 min. She told me that it was only free savings if I do an automatic transfer of 25.00 per month. I told that is not what I signed up for, because I have had the account for 1 year and they never charged me before. I still have to go into the branch and get them to fix this.

I want to go to bank of Albuquerque. That is where we have our Girl Scout acct and I love them. Every time I go in to do paper work to change names or whatever, they are really nice.

But then again, if I change, I have to correct things with Jeff's work. Switch over all my online checking, fix Jeff's va deposit and do a whole bunch of other account stuff. That does not sound fun to me. I have to think about it.

2 comments:

J. Peter said...

I know what your saying about changing banks. I always used Credit Unions growing up and throughout college and I loved that kind of experience, but you usually only get one branch. We've had our share of good and bad banks too. Right now we have Bank of Albuquerque and they have never screwed anything up yet, they even reversed an overdraft fee that was clearly our fault. I just wish they had some drive-through locations. Not the best bank I've ever been with, but definitely not the worst.

Jordan

Highlander said...

I liked the ladies at the bank of Albuquerque. But we had great luck with Kirtland federal credit union there. He gave the best rates on saving and if you ever need a auto loan they matched the lowest rate and other stuff.

My Guest Book! Check it out!