Sunday, April 13, 2008

Why Me???

Many of you have heard (maybe endlessly) about my husband and his collections. His massive amounts of baseball cards that we move from house to house. His records (even though we don't have a record player), His Tshirts, Star wars figures, and the list goes on and on. The computer room walk in closed is packed with his CRAP, I mean collections.

I think it runs in the family. His older brother Tim has massive amounts of Tshirts himself. And who knows what other crazy stuff he has in his closets. Jeff's niece Laura has some crazy collections herself: Spoons, shot glasses, purses, beaded necklaces and now coasters (sorry girl, but you know it is true, I have seen your blog pictures). And Kim would amaze you (did you think you were safe?). She has so many Christmas decorations that she can decorate by theme! Her favorite theme is snowmen (I love those myself and I keep buying them for her, so I am not helping).

Anyways, I just broke my last glass cup. All I have left is plastic. Jeff and I have been talking about getting a matching set. A nice set, for when people come over, so they don't have to drink out of plastic kid cups.

Today, Jeff brings me a box out of the garage. A box I had wiped from my memory, or at least I tried. He unwraps 41 glass cups with various people and cartoons: roadrunner, pacman, Wendy the witch, star wars (2 complete collections), baseball, buffalo bills (a whole set of these, I am so lucky) and my all time favorite...are you ready?...I really think you should set down for this...a WWF (that would be World Wrestling Federation for you none Wrestling people) cup with Hulk Hogan appearing front and center.

If you think I am making this up, then you must see the following photos. Enjoy! These are my new glasses for when company comes over.

6 comments:

Highlander said...

Those cup are the bomb!! You are one lucky girl to have a man with some really cool collections;) I just don't let Daniel have anything so he can't collect anything.

Laura Looooo said...

hahaha....holy cow I love you... before i even got to the part about me... I was thinking...wow...that must be who I get it from....

so to talk about our family...

grandpa...has his room full of fish stuff upstairs...

grandma...she collects crazy xmas stuff too...all of that stuff that claps and sings and dances....

mom...she collects JUNK!

aunt kim... deff lots of christmas stuff

me...well you said it... but you made me sound completely crazy...

uncle mark collects volkswagons

uncle tim... he probably collects things no one even knows of... I wont settle for just assuming he collects t-shirts

hahahaha... i love ussssssssss <3

Gina said...

I know what you're getting for Christmas this year, did you want plain glass, etched glass, or some painted pattern, I'll send you options and you can rate them sans Jeff.

Anonymous said...

I totally know what you are going through. My life story.

Cherie Logan said...

I've got everybody topped when it comes to collecting.

I collect Dead People! 80,000 and counting people related to me through blood or marriage!!!!

Thankfully they fit in one tiny database on my computer (Unless, of course, they're hanging around, bugging me to find more.)

Love Ya!

Christine Bushman said...

look on the bright side ....he was trying to help!!!---NOT!!


Did you think about 'accidently' dropping them one at a time for a week or so???

My Guest Book! Check it out!