Friday, April 25, 2008

Time to vent again

So about 20 min ago I heard a thud in back of the house ( it is 10:06pm right now). Jeff runs upstairs to look out the window and a car has overturned on the street behind us. The people got out of the car ok and told people they were fine. I called the police to help them. And within 10 min one police car shows up. The a min latter another one shows up. Within 15 min four police cars, a paramedic truck and a fire truck all pull up. I am glad. About time.

And then I start to think. I called the police about a year ago telling them we had been robbed and I was not sure if the robbers were still in the house. I told them I was alone and that I had three small kids with me. It took them over 1 hour to get to my house. My husband got there way before the police and he had a 30-45 min drive from work. WHAT??? And then they didn't even take finger prints or pictures.

I really am saddened by the criminal system. Our Jails are over crowed, so we can't send too many people to jail. Well, when my kids do something wrong they get sent to their rooms. Their rooms do not have TV. People who get sent to Jail have play yards and TV and can get free schooling. Why wouldn't you go to jail. I would love to go to jail. My point? Now that jail is so fun and so full, we are making deals with other people and sending them back into the street. This overwhelms our police and they are unable to help everyone, so we just pray nothing bad happens where we have to call the police.

I hope next time I get robbed it is at 10pm at night. Maybe then someone will come and help me.

Back to the rolled car. They are ok. I am sure they are scared, but they are walking around fine.

3 comments:

Welcome to Newman's World said...

Thats crazy ~sounds about right, I'm glad the people were okay... And I know for a fact you call and tell your hubby you don't know if there still in there, he would be there in a heart beat...Gotta love your man!

Christine Bushman said...

I wish that NM would get a backbone like AZ did. They have sheriff Joe. He took out all cable TV,except for PBS and Disney channels. All mags and newspapers except for local news. All weights systems. All inmates have to have at least a 8th grade education before leaving. He even has 'tent cities' and in AZ summers you know that is NOT the place to be. The inmates were pink underware and jumpsiuts. And eat day old bread and green bolangna. Just google Sheriff Joe in AZ if you want to know more. I just wish someone here would do that, no matter what kinda of crap they would get back.


And atlest that car didn't go into your back wall.

The Orrellys Family said...

Boy no kidding the police are crazy here and it doesn't get better. I remember when I was only 13 alone in the house with my sister 3 years old and a man was in our back yard. I called 911 and it took forever.

My Guest Book! Check it out!