Thursday, April 24, 2008

Rant

On the news most of you have seen the stories about the FLDS who have had their kids taken away for child abuse. Just my random thoughts...

I AM TICKED! I can't believe any mother would stand by and let her kids be abused. I think the very thought is...well I can't say those words. We are sent here to earth to protect our children, not turn a blind eye. No excuse!

I understand the mothers going on TV asking for their children back. They should be hurting that they were taking away. They should be emotionally scared for life! Because their kids will be scared for life!

Where are the men? My husband would never let me face the firing line alone! Nor would he ever sit back if his kids were taken. Why aren't they on TV asking for their kids back?

Don't sit behind religious persecution. You don't even know religious persecution. Pick up a book!God would never ask parents to put there children in harms way (well I guess there was Abraham and Issac, but that was a little bit different and I don't think we can compare any of those men with the Prophet Abraham). Stand up and be a man!

These poor kids. They have grown up thinking this is a normal way of life. I am all for modest clothes and sheltered children, this is not what I am talking about. This is against the Law. More than one wife and marrying underage children is wrong. They knew it! That is why they stayed away from people. But the children don't know this. Now we are taking them away from the only life they have lived. Tossing them into a world they don't know and can't understand. So many emotions. I feel for these children. I hope and pray they go to good families and get good help for all they have gone through.

I hope the mother's eyes are open. If they do get their kids back, I hope they protect them! They had better protect them!

Thanks for listening to my rant.

Also for those of you who are not Mormon. This is not us! We are good people. Kind people. Law obeying people!

5 comments:

Highlander said...

All I can say is I agree!

Welcome to Newman's World said...

thanks for your support i know you guys know what Im talking about... but i just need to vent thanks for your nice words... love ya hey are you going to the cannery anytime soon???

Highlander said...

And what is calling more then one person mommy--that don't fly at my house. I get it takes a community to raise a child but no one else is mom but me.

Christine Bushman said...

most of the time i just turn it all off. i can't stand it either.


Hey did you steal that vidoe from me or what????

Unknown said...

I did steal that from you. It was fantastic! And I agree Roxie. I am the only mom around here. And stacy I am going to the cannery a week from this saturday. May 1st.

My Guest Book! Check it out!