Monday, April 14, 2008

Going Green

So I watched a show on Operah a couple months ago and they were talking about "Saving the Planet". A couple things they said really inspired me to be better at how I do things around the house.

So at dinner that night I was talking to the kids (and Jeff) about the show and that they said if each person would use one less napkin a day that would save XXX amount of trees.

Of course my hippy daughter is now a believer. She wanted to start using cloth napkins, less harmful cleaning products and recycle. That is all fine and good, but guess who gets to do most of the work for that stuff? It might not be that bad, we will see.

Kellsie and I went to walmart to pick out some material for napkins. I sewed them today, so tonight we will be making our earth a better place to live.

I have been cleaning with vingegar as much as possible. Good thing the smell goes away.

Kellsie is saving cans for our church Humanitarian aid (we really don't drink soda, but she is still saving them).

I really do need to watch what I am tossing in the trash and get better at that. Heavenly Father gave us this earth to live on and I feel bad giving it back to him looking like it does tight now. Anyway, just a thought.

2 comments:

Highlander said...

All we seem to do is spend green. Did you hear they wanna charge us 5 cents a bag at the grocery store now? That is gonna add up quick around here.

Unknown said...

I didn't hear that! I tried to use those new bags you can buy for 1.00, but they are a pain to use. I end up bagging my own bags because the chashier cannot ring up the product, hold the bad and put the items in it. AHHHHH!

My Guest Book! Check it out!