Sunday, January 27, 2008

LDS News

The Prophet of our Church died today. My father called a little while ago and told me the news, so I went on LDS.org for more information. Below is what I found. I am really sad. Mostly for my children. I have already lived through 4 prophets and I know that the Lord always raises another to be the Prophet, but my children have only know President Hinkley. They are already asleep, so I will tell them in the morning. It is a great blessing to know that we have the 12 Apostles to guide the church when a Prophet passes away until the new Prophet is able. President Thomas S. Monsen is our new Prophet.

The news report from LDS.ORG

Beloved Church President, Gordon B. Hinckley, dies at 97
SALT LAKE CITY 27 January 2008 President Gordon B. Hinckley, who led The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints through twelve years of global expansion, has died at the age of 97.
President Hinckley was the 15th president in the 177-year history of the Church and had served as its president since 12 March 1995.

The Church president died at his apartment in downtown Salt Lake City at 7:00 p.m. Sunday night from cause’s incident to age. Member of his family were at his bedside. A successor is not expected to be formally chosen by the Church’s Quorum of the Twelve Apostles until after President Hinckley’s funeral within the next few days.

No comments:

My Guest Book! Check it out!