Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Updating on the Saga of Kellsie's life

The nurse called back for information on Kellsie. Since we are not going to do the Botox the Dr has given us 2 options. #1 just do the casts on Kellsie's legs and feet. She already had said she didn't think this would work that is why origionally we were going to cast and do botox. #2 is do surgery on her calf muscles. They would lenghen the muscles on both of her legs. She would need to rest for a couple days after surgery, and then he in walking casts for 3-6 weeks. If they did both legs at the same time, she would need to stay overnight in the hospital and Jeff or I could stay with her. #2 is the way we are leaning. We still need to do some more thinking, praying and then talk to kellsie about it. She does not know about the new changes. The surgery would have to be after April.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let me know how I can help! I think that # 2 is the way to go too. Can't they wait until summer?

Unknown said...

They can wait until Summer. It is up to us (kind of) when she has it. We are just trying to find out if summer is better taking a month off of doing anything like swimming lessons, vaccations and camps (Did I tell you we were passing on Horse Camp for Kellsie? I don't think I did and I just remembered. We can talk latter about it). And it might be more up to KEllsie. If she is really worried about school and casts or if she is ok with it or...

My Guest Book! Check it out!