Monday, February 18, 2008

Another Kellsie update

My friend Roxy emailed me about a week ago about a FDA study linking 16 children's deaths to Botox injections. AHHHHHHHHH

We had been working on a time to call the doctor and talk to her about this, to see what is up. Then the nurse called us today telling us about the information of the report and telling us the dr is not doing anymore appts using Botox. I am glad they are being safe. The dr has done hundreds of these procedures, but she feels we need to back off it right now.

So we are back to square one. They wanted me to come in and see what the next step would be. I told them that for me to come in and talk to them would require a co pay of ANOTHER 35.00. And if there was anyway the dr could call or have another nurse call me with options and we could go from there.

I talked to Kellsie about it tonight. Not the children getting hurt part, just about not getting casts and that stuff. She seems upset. She wants her feet to stop hurting. I get that. I just don't know what to do and I feel really helpless. Three doctors already and no one seems to get anything done. I know this dr is working harder and had a better game plan, but it just crashed and burned. Maybe something else will happen. Maybe something better?

3 comments:

Laura Looooo said...

i know i always tell you to hug and kiss all the kids for me...since they are my favorite cousins... but please hug and kiss kellsie extra hard for me! i love you guys! hope it gets better!

Unknown said...

I will hug and kiss her as soon as she comes home from school. Or maybe I will hug and kiss her while I am picking her up from school and embarass her in front of all her friends. Yeah, that sounds like a better idea.

Laura Looooo said...

I cannnnot even begin to tell you how much I lvoe that we are taking over the blogging world! it is so much easier to keep in touch...and share our pics! :-) yayyyyy! <3 u!

My Guest Book! Check it out!