Tuesday, February 5, 2008

FEAR!!!

I have a couple horrible fears. One is that something bad will happen to my children. I think every mother has that one. But on a more personal note: Sharks and Snakes are my fears. I watched Jaws too much growing up in San Diego, that I always have dreams of getting eaten by a shark. But I think even more terrifying than that is snakes.

Growing up where I did (ranch style property) there were more snakes that I would have liked. One time we found an enormous snake in our computer room. Our neighbor came and pulled it out and took it somewhere else. Another time when the cubscouts were over, my brother David found a Gardner snake and chased me around our property with it (at least it was not a hammer this time). And another time when I was cleaning up the yard, I saw a rope on the ground, I started kicking it around (for fun) until I saw it was not a rope, but a snake(of course I was in bare feet, so the slimmy sucker touched my skin). A couple other snakes popped up here and there, and I hated those too.

The reason for the walk down memory lane is that Jeff's snake Elvis 2 got out. Jeff came in last night and asked me if I had seen the snake. Dumb question! If I has seen the snake he would have heard me screaming and crying! Jeff does not know when he got out. It could have been upto 3 days ago. That sounds like a horrible head start to me. To this snake is about 3 feet long now, a little widder than a big pencil. He is bright red (but that hasn't helped us find him yet).

The thing is, he could be in one of the trashcans, laundry baskets, shoes, heater vents, beds(that is right, they can climb! I slept with the blanket so tight around me last night. I woulnd't even let Jakob in to hug me), closets, toys, cabinets, couch cusions...do you get the picture? I need to go stay in a motel. Jeff stayed up really early in the morning looking for him, but nothing. Jeff is sleeping right now and I don't understand that. The snake is still loose. Of course it has been cold the last couple of days, so he could have died. That would be great!

Please keep us in your prayers. That snake has to been found!

No comments:

My Guest Book! Check it out!