Thursday, February 21, 2008

Girl Scouts last night

For Girl Scouts we worked on our 3D art badge. With the help of Summer we learned a little Origami. The girls really liked that. Kellsie came home telling me all about it!

Then we had 2 other tables set up. One was for leather stamping. The girls each got a bracelet and they were able to use the alphabet and the other flowers, butterflys and borderart to design them. They caught on quickly. They are going to wear their bracelets to World Thinking day on saturday.

The last table we had set up was woodburning. I have a woodburner (that my mom gave me) and I borrowed one from a friend of mine. I got each girl their own wood picture frame and they were able to design it with words and symbols. They turned out really cool. I will take a picture of Kellsie's and show you it. She put her name and Hailey's name and BFF. She sure misses Hailey!

The night went good. I was impressed with how well they caught one to each project. I love doing stuff like that and I hope we can continue to work with wood and leather. I think the girls would like it!

Today I am going to the school to drop off some Book fair stuff and remind the 3rd grade that they have a free dress down day tomorrow. Then I am off to Humanitarian Aid.

Jeff had his regional visit at work yesterday, so he has been working really long hours (I mean 1 1/2 hours sleep on tuesday night). So today he is coming home at 11am. The kids are excited to play with dad and then while he is doing that I will work on the Book fair financial report.

I MISS YOU JEFF!

4 comments:

Laura Looooo said...

hey....thanks for leaving me comments... i had NO idea that that was what you were going to school for when you went... thats awesome....

Laura Looooo said...

and yayyyy to Uncle Jeff being such an awesome worker!!!! I am so proddd of him! <3

Unknown said...

I will tell uncle Jeff you are proud of him. I know he loves it when people gush on him.

Yeah, I was yearbook editor in high school and loved it. A lady or a trade school came to talk to us and I loved it. So when I went to BYU I made sure they had a good program. I never graduated (fell in love and got married, nothing too major), but I loved it!

Laura Looooo said...

hahaha... well someone had to fall for uncle jeff :-)

and oh yeah... im glad it was you! <3

My Guest Book! Check it out!