Friday, July 24, 2009

Bummer of a Dr apt today

I had a dr apt today. I was totally excited for it, until...

So just to recap the past couple months:

- The Dr said she would not put me on bed rest once I started dilating. I had gone on bed rest or medication with the other three because I have preterm labor (contractions the last 2-3 months).

-Last Friday I am dilated to a 2 and the baby is at station -2. I am 50% effaced. She said if I go into labor while she is at the hospital she will brake my water.

- Saturday night I go into the hospital I am dilated to a 3. She thinks I am 75% effaced and at a station -1, but she can't remember (getting a little dittzy I think). She says they will admit me if I am a 4 and tell me to walk around the hospital for a couple hours. She does not brake my water. WHATEVER! Leave after 20 min of walking. Totally board.

- Today I am still a 3. And the baby had gone completely back up. No station. She can't even tell how effaced I am. she thinks I will go full term. WHAT???

I am having contractions EVERYDAY! Not the hard real ones, but the ones that wear you out. I end up on the couch most of the day, which means my kids are in front of the TV (which brings on the fighting).

The kids and I (sometimes Jeff depending on how cranky I am) hope that the baby will come that day or that night. What a crush! We have been waiting thinking the baby will come at any moment and he just goes back up? He is so grounded once he gets here!

Then the dr says they will no induce (even though she said they would set up an apt for that at the apt today) just because I have bigger babies. WHY NOT? Don't I pay for the procedure anyway? Full term (according to her) is 38-40 weeks. I am 38 weeks on Sunday. Make up your mind or at least remember what you said the prev times we have talked. She is driving me CRAZY!

So I have no idea when the baby will come. The lady setting up the next 2 apts said we will wait 2 weeks before setting up anymore (that would make me OVERDUE). She quickly laughed after I shot her a really mean look.

And totally weird side note. They measure your tummy (it is suppose to be the same measurement that you are weeks). Two weeks ago, last week and at the hospital I was measuring 35 weeks (too small). But today I measured 39 weeks. Massive growth spurt. Does that mean anything? Could mean a BIGGER BABY!

So basicly nothing to report! Just venting. And allong those lines. Jeff is being way too positive about this. He needs to be mad and angry with me. What is he thinking not taking my side. He has another 2 weeks of me, he better sway with my emotions if he knows what's best for him.

3 comments:

Marie said...

that is one grounded baby!

I thought for sure he was coming today!! The day isn't over yet!!

Laura Looooo said...

i want to come and seeeeee that little man.... as soon as he is un grounded....and fun and playful! When I came to texas.... when Logan was turning one.... that was perfect... he liked me...and liked being held and cuddled... that was a perfect age for a cousin visit!!

Trisha said...

I would go balloon torture procedure, but that's just me. LOL

My Guest Book! Check it out!