Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Dance

Kellsie just finished her No child Left behind testing. It was three weeks of math, reading, writing, science. For an incentive, the children who came everyday and were on time were able to get a grade dance. Tuesday was The 3rd grade dance. Is anyone surprised that I let Kellsie go? Me too! At first she was not going, but then I talked to her teacher. She said that no slow songs were going to be played and that the girls just stay in their groups and talk while the boys run around the room. The parents were encouraged to attend. I was already going to be there to sell snacks for the PTO (What a perfect cover).

Kellsie's teacher was right. The girls stayed in their groups and talked. Sometimes moving around (I think they thought they were dancing). The boys were off on the wall and some of them tried to brake dance (that was funny).
Here are Kellsie's friends. Destiny, Melanie, and Larissa. They all stayed really close together the whole time.
Here is Kellsie and Melanie. They broke from the pack for just a couple of min to get some snacks.
Here is Jakob who did more dancing than Kellsie. I am not sure what move he is doing here, but it is the only clear shot I got of him. He kept brake dancing (better than the 3rd grade boys) and everything was a blur. The girl behind him is Bella. Bella is Destiny's sister. They are about the same age. I think she might be doing the chicken dance, I am not sure). Jakob hung out with a couple of the third grade boys most of the time ( I think they were trying to pick up on some of his moves). I came on the dance floor and spent some time with Kellsie. She was impressed that I knew the dances to electric slide and macarena. I would have thought she would have hated me going out there, but when I tried to go back to the table, she grabbed my hand and asked me to stay. Most of the 3rd grade teachers were out dancing too, so I was not the only adult.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can see it now. You were the only one on the floor bustin' a move. Don't lie. The third grade teachers were not on the dance floor with you. In fact I bet everone formed a circle around you and watched like they do in movies.

Laura Looooo said...

jakeyyyyy is getting sooooo big! :-)

Highlander said...

I am jealous I never get to go out dancing any more. Is Jakob's dance card full? And Hailey said if I ever dance infront of her friends she isn't going. I think she is embarassed of me!

Unknown said...

I thought Kellsie would die if I went out there, but she didn't. Maybe I was the best dancer she has ever seen. And Laurel is right, all the people were gathered around me saying" GO KATIE! GO KATIE! RAISE THE ROOF! GO KATIE!"

My Guest Book! Check it out!