Thursday, December 20, 2007

A Smart 4 year old???????

Today is our baking day. Kellsie and Logan are at school and they get to decorate cookies when they get home. But for the past 3 hours Jakob (4 years old) and myself have been baking.

My sugar cookies never turn out, so this year I bought packages that I only have to add eggs and butter ( I can't mess those up right?). Before I started making the cookies I was working on the fudge (my personal favorite). Jakob felt he had the emotional readiness to make the sugar cookies on his own. And he did most of it right. The pictures fo the butter and the 1 egg where on the back of the package, so he added everything to a bowl and started mixing. The only thing was that the butter needed to be melted prior to putting in the bowl, but we worked around that ( I think). I was pretty impressed and a little nervous about baking the rest of the day with him, but I am sure things will go ok.

With the help of Jakob we have 2 batches of Rice Krispys. 6 lbs of Fudge, 4 doz sugar cookies and a batch of peanut brittle. He does not want choclate chip cookies and he asked if I could find another kind of cookie to make.

It is nice to work with him. He is fun and cool to hand out with. He is picking up on measuring a lot faster than the other two kids did. Maybe I should hid the measuring cups until I know it is safe. Enjoy your holiday baking.

No comments:

My Guest Book! Check it out!