Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Ironing is not so bad...

I have been going to Humanitarian Aid every thursday at our church for a couple years now. We work on projects for our community and for places around the world. We make blankets for hospitals and to ship to Salt Lake City for them to send to disaster areas around the world. We make scrubs, ABC books, leper bandages, teddy bears and the list goes on.

When I started going there, the ladies in charge would help me learn new things like crocheting and sewing. They are always telling me that when you start off sewing it is important to iron all the fabric. IRON!!!! I hate to iron!!

Well I just started a blanket for my sister for Christmas and Ironed a lot of material! It made it so easy to cut and sew. I was very impressed. So I think I will give ironing a chance. That doesn't mean that I will be ironing clothes or anything like that, but I will do some ironing when it comes to sewing.

The blanket looks really cool and I am excited to see my sisters face when she opens the gift.

2 comments:

Susan Logan said...

Katie, if you are goning to make me a present, then don't send me the blog address where it talks about you making it.

Unknown said...

Can't you be a good sister and pretend you don't know? Next year I am making you a PINK DRESS!!!

My Guest Book! Check it out!