Saturday, December 29, 2007

Saturday is a Special Day...

Jeff was off work today. This is a major thing, because he rarely has Saturday's off. It was a relaxing day, but we got a lot of stuff done. WE started by getting up at 5:30am and getting dressed, because Jeff volunteered us to help clean our church building. The kids worked really hard. We vacuumed the Chapel, counted all the baptism clothes, counted all the chairs and hymn books and made sure they were in the right rooms. There were some other families and people there to clean windows, bathrooms, vacuum rooms,etc.

I have always been very grateful for our freedom of Religion in the United States and I talk to my kids about it all the time. So I am glad they had the opportunity to serve and give something back to the church. We had fun together as a family and that was worth getting up at 5:30am.

We also gave the down stairs a good cleaning, dusting, mopping, sweeping. I am glad my kids are hard workers. Then as a reward we watched a movie together.

For dinner the Missionaries came over and Jeff made fried chicken with mash potatoes. It was a really good meal. The best part of the whole night is that I made (for the very first time) Cinnamon Rolls (using my kitchenaid that I got for Christmas). And they tasted really good. I might never go to Cinnabon again (I am just kidding about that part...I am totally going to cinnabon again).

Jeff and the kids are down stairs playing the Wii and I am relaxing...

So good day all around.

No comments:

My Guest Book! Check it out!