Friday, September 5, 2008

Time to switch!

So I had told the PTO that I was not returning as a board member this year. Mostly because I have massive problems with how the PTO pres runs it, but also because I wanted to free more of my time for the kids classes.

Anyway, last week Jeff and I were talking about some things going on at the school and we (mostly him, because I didn't want to do it at first) decided that I would run for Pres of the PTO.

The vote is on the 22nd of this month and I am really nervous about it. I have been telling people (teachers and parents) that I will be running, but I have not seen the PTO Pres to let her know. I have gone in three times to talk to her, but she had other app ts. I want to do the right thing, and let her know I will be running against her...we will see how it plays out. She is not going to be happy at all and I am sure there will be some talking that will be very negative in my direction.

I really think I could do a good job as PTO pres. Not because I think I am so good, but because I know a lot of good parents at the school who would pick up the slack for my weakness'.

I also think it would be fun. I love planning activities and fundraisers and I think I am fairly strong in that area. I also know I would be able to get a lot of parents to help, so the work load would not be as high as it is in PTO right now.

All theory! Just wish me luck on my nerves. I am not the best at making myself sound good and I am sure I need to say something at the PTO meeting to let people know that I am capable of leading the PTO. I wish I could take my friends and let them talk for me. I am sure I could pay them enough to say good things about me.

6 comments:

Christine Bushman said...

Ok So I am trying to think of something to say that is nice and uplifting......
here is what I came up with:

ARE YOU NUTS women?!!

Do you not remember the nightmares/grey hairs you had over YWs?

So here is the 'nice part'

YOU GO GIRL!! SHOW THEM WHO'S THE BOSS WOMEN!! SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT!!! --- VOTE FOR GIRL POWER!!

Highlander said...

You got 7 votes here--you are an amazing caring person who will alway do what is best not only for your kids but every child. I wish you the best of luck, wish we were there to celebrate your victory!!

Welcome to Newman's World said...

I do agree with Chris on some parts but if thats what you want YOU GO GIRL!!!!! I know you could do it me on the other hand could not.......Let us know what happens Good luck

Stephanie said...

How much was that payment for saying good things?? :)

You know I'm behind you 100%. You will be great! A much needed breath of fresh air for the school. And like I said before - let me know if you want to do the chocolates!!

VOTE FOR K.T.!!

Melanie said...

That's one thing about you Katie. You have all these amazing qualities but you are SO modest! But all of your goodness shines through anyway. Good luck and I hope it all goes well.

Laura Looooo said...

congrats auntyyy... well not congrats YET... i mean good luck! kick butt! love you!

My Guest Book! Check it out!