Tuesday, September 23, 2008

HEE HEE HEE!

So there is a new group at our school this year. It is called the Parents Reaching Out( PRO) team. There are 2 areas that this team works with. One with a goal the principal comes up with. Ours is reading, because that is our schools lowest score. Then we brake up in teams and work on specialized areas (communication, activities, community and so on). We work with 2 teachers.

The other area is Parenting classes once a month. This month's theme was organization. I was not planning on going to the parenting classes, but I did anyway ( I have my reasons! I was trying to get people to vote for us in the PTO elections).

We started out with a packet that had folders with different headings ( medical documents, school paperwork, teacher correspondence, etc). We spent 30 min going over each folder and talking about the types of things we can put in them. You know, like with the medical folder you can put bills, recpts, dr info, etc (in case you didn't know).

Then afterwards we spent 20 min on making an art project. We were given magazines, markers, glue and a paper. We were suppose to make a collage about our families.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? Jakob did that in preschool last week!

Anyway, I did my collage. Mine was the best! I was the only one who finished. I think I will hang it up on the fridge. At the end of the class I got a certificate saying I passed the class.

THANK HEAVENS! AT least now, I am closer to becoming a better parent.

If you are interested in taking any parenting classes, I think the next one is on feeding your kids, the teacher said we can bring a friend. I am inviting all of you! Maybe we can play with play dough next!

1 comment:

My Guest Book! Check it out!