Monday, September 29, 2008

Pictures???

While I was at "Time our for Women" last summer there was a business there called Heritage Makers. They have a website that you can upload your pictures and place them in templates (digital Scrap booking) and if you want publish them in book format. The books are on the high side, so that is not what interests me. I did talk to the lady there and they have this scanner. If you grab a bunch of pictures, the scanner sucks them in and scans them just as fast as it takes to make a bunch of copies. The lady says lightening fast.

Anyways, I am asking her to come in the middle of November to host a party, but just a scanning party. The prices are on their website for the scanning. But if you scan in 500 or more pictures (please, I think I have a million) it is 19 cents per picture. About 38.00 for 500 pictures. And that price is per person. She says they can put it on a disk or load it right onto their website for storage.

Anyway, If you are interested in getting your pictures that are not digital in digital format, please email me or post a comment. This is big for me. I have spent hours scanning in pictures and I haven't made a dent. And most of my pictures from when I was a kid are turning yellow (mostly because my mom hot glued them in a book. Way to go mom!), so I want to get those done as well.

Here is the website if you want to check out the company. www.heritagemakers.com

2 comments:

Laura Looooo said...

sooo... if and when u have a scanning party... I am either coming to ALBQ with a suitcase full of photos... or I am mailing them to you with a fat check :-) hahaha... sounds awesome! miss you!

Melanie said...

Sounds awesome. I might be interested in doing that.

My Guest Book! Check it out!