Wednesday, September 17, 2008

scared

So for the past week Jakob has been really scared to be alone. If I am upstairs, he is upstairs. If I go down stairs, he runs after me. So yesterday I sat down and hugged him and asked what was going on. He went on and on about how he didn't like Ghosts and he didn't want to see one.

Poor baby! I told him that there aren't any Ghosts and they aren't allowed in my house. He told me I was lying! WHAT???

As I come to find out, in Primary (his church class) they were talking about the Holy Ghost. They talked about how the Holy Ghost comes to you and helps you know right from wrong.

He had been scared all week that he would see the Holy Ghost. I tried to convince him that he would never see him, but he is convinced that He is coming. He asked me to say a prayer that the Holy Ghost would never come in our home.

On a side note, we have been trying in our family prayers to invite the Holy Ghost into our home. Poor Jakob is so scared. But at least he is talking about it and maybe one day soon I can convince him that they Holy Ghost is not a really Ghost, like the scary one he is thinking of.

3 comments:

Kyle/Michelle said...

Oh, poor Jakob! We need to explain the Holy Ghost a little better in Primary it sounds like...

Unknown said...

Any help would be great. I tried all I can think of on this end...

Chani said...

That is so cute! Maybe it would help if you told him that the Holy Ghost is Jesus' messenger, that he delivers our prayers and returns with the answers.

Or maybe you can call the Holy Ghost by some of his other names, like The Comforter. . .

My Guest Book! Check it out!