Friday, August 15, 2008

Of course

My Dad is coming in on the train today at noon, so last night I was trying to wash all the bedding, do bathrooms and sweep and mop.So I send the kids upstairs last night about 5pm to play on the computer and not touch anything, since I already cleaned upstairs.

5 min latter, I hear screaming from Logan. Now Logan exaggerates pain...all the time. So I finished closing the washing machine and go to the stairs to hear the story of why he is crying.

To my surprise he has about a 7+" slash up the side of his stomach. Lots of blood (non on the floor, thank heavens), so I carry him to the sink to clean it out and see what we are dealing with.

Nothing punctured, but I thought it would need stitches and since I didn't feel the urger to go to the ER and spend 10 hours waiting for someone to help us (not to mention to 50.00 co pay), I said a little prayer. I then thought of my dear friend Amanda. She is a nurse. So I called her and asked if I could bring Logan over to see if he needed stitches.

She of course being amazing, took care of the whole thing. Since Logan tore off the skin, there could be no stitches, but she cleaned it really well and put some liquid band aid stuff over the middle part ( I guess there is a small patch of skin, so she is trying to hold it closer together).

I get to clean it twice a day until it starts to heal. There is a massive piece of gauze around it to keep it clean.

Moral of the story. When you are playing Zoo with your siblings and you are standing on an office chair (that has wheels), make sure a child pretending to be a tiger, does not push the chair so you fall onto the dog crate.

I need a nap!

4 comments:

Christine Bushman said...

are you sure that Logan is not related to my boys??
That sounds like something my boys would do or have done.

sorry about that!

Chani said...

Ouch! That sounds like something that happened to Chamrie when we were young, only she really did need stitches. So many injuries happen from innocent play. . .

Melanie said...

Yay for good friends (and prayers)! I'm so sorry that happened. How scary for both of you.

Laura Looooo said...

get betttter Logie :-)

My Guest Book! Check it out!