Thursday, August 28, 2008

Long Time...

Very long time, since I posted...sorry.

Girl Scouts is taking up a good chunk of my time right now. We are doing TO's (Troop Organizations) and we are trying to hit every open house in our area. It is a little crazy getting things ready. I had to do 2 science boards (one of badges and one of events), it took way too much time to put together. I was up until 2am finishing them on Sunday night.

Wednesday was out kids open house, so I helped with the ice cream social from 5:30 until 5:45p and then went to another table with Amanda and helped sign Girl Scouts up. I am so thankful Amanda was there, so did most of the work. She was amazing. Another superwoman friend!

I am also working on our troop stuff, making sure that is ready for our first meeting. I have help. Sharon is helping with the field trip paperwork (that takes up so much time) and Summer is helping out at the meetings and with Driving.

The fun book for the Girl Scouts came out with the activities that council has come up with for the whole year. I had been going over them and Laurel and I have been working out what ones we want and can take the girls too.

Book Fair is right around the corner and Stephanie and I are already working on it. Stephanie does all the creative stuff ( the hard stuff that I could never do) and I do the meetings, dates and people stuff. So I was working on the final date for the fair this fall. We had a date picked out and then my brother has to go and get married on that week. I can't believe he thinks he is better than the book fair. WHATEVER RANDY! So we changed it again. It is not a major thing, it just takes a lot of time on the phone.

And I was really blessed to have a lot of people want ceramics. Most of them are done, now. I finished the major ones with Jennifer Grahm this week. She did a large nativity, Christ in the Garden, a turtle, a Holy Family, a SW Vase, and she found a bunch of stuff at the ceramic shop, that she painted and brought to me to fire. I am happy that she likes ceramics as much as I do. I only have one more Nativity left to finish for Summer. I had it done last week, but when I was moving them to another shelf, I broke like three of them. Too funny. Well, not at the time, but it is funny to think about now.

And lastly, I have been at school a lot. Logan's teacher is really using me to set things up in the class room as well as using my amazing ability to cut things. Almost every night she sends me something to trace, cut and or laminate (FYI I think I cut up about 100 circles for their reading worm, boy did my hand hurt). Then there is the PTO thing. They are voting on a new board next month, but until then, I am still the sec and I had to go to a meeting, set up for the ice cream social and do a whole bunch of flyer's, letters and meeting notes.

Which is why I am really tired. Tonight I am going to a Girl Scout TO at Edward Gonzales and tomorrow is popcorn for the school, cleaning out the storage unit (so they don't keep paying 60.00 a month) and then ( I hope) we will go and see the Hulk at the 1.00 theater. This is all if my old body holds up.

I did go and get my hair cut yesterday. I had a brake so Stephanie watched Jakob while I went and got it cut. There was a major communication problem and my hair looks horrible. Kellsie tries and comforts me by telling me how great it looks. She even said she would go and get it cut just like mine (she is my favorite). Logan said my hair looks good. He went on to say that if it was a little longer and not cut so bad, he would like it better (at least he tried). Jakob said that he didn't like it at all (not my favorite) and Jeff said he loves me for who I am and that I should pay more money for my hair cuts (BUTT HEAD).

I am hoping for a restful Saturday...no one screw that up!

4 comments:

Christine Bushman said...

huh sister giras can you teach my class on sunday?? (insert best whinning voice) I really need you to. You are just the bestest teacher in the world. And no one else wiil do it.


Just kidding!!!!!!!!

Highlander said...

Ok I wanna see the hair cut. Can you send me Amanda new howe address-I don't think her emial works anymore.

Laura Looooo said...

ahhaa....well first of all.. you are a superhero...superwoman...super mom...

secondly...can u humor us all and just for kicks post a pic of your haircut? Im sure it can be as bad as I am imagining :-) love you!

Melanie said...

Wow Katie, I'm exhausted from just reading that post. How do you do it all? Amazing!

My Guest Book! Check it out!