Tuesday, August 12, 2008

First Day of School

Today was the first day of school. Jeff worked a night shift, so he could come in with us and meet the teachers. We dropped of Logan first. So grown up. I was sad, but I didn't cry ( I was under orders)! I hugged him and Kissed him. Jeff did the manly hug and we started to leaven when Jakob ran and tackled/hugged Logan.

We then walked over to Kellsies class room where the teacher talked to us and the kids for about 10 min. She showed us all her animals 2 guinea pigs, 2 birds, 2 dogs, and a snack and gecko is coming this week. Kellsie is in heaven! I on the other hand will not be able to volunteer in the class room, EVER! After the little meeting, I went over and hugged Kellsie (NO KISS) and she said, "Can you take Dad out, before he makes a big deal". I turned around and it was too late, Jeff was too close to stop him. But he was good a hug and I love you and that was it. He had teased her about a big mushy goodbye.

So we get home and guess what? Jakob has no one to play with! So he went upstairs and him and Jeff built a zoo together. And then Jeff left. Guess who was the playmate the rest of the day? We played 4 Wii games and watch a cartoon together, then we did some cleaning together. HE FOLLOWED ME EVERYWHERE! And I really liked it. I love spending time with Jakob. I could have done with a little brake.

We then picked up the kids. Logan was thrilled that the copy center didn't get the 2nd grades' homework packed done and they won't get any homework until next week. He loved his teacher and made a new friend along with Anthony already in his class. He was a little dismayed that he knew most of the girls in class.

Kellsie loved her first day. For homework, she watches the Olympics and writes about it. Nothing too scary. She got to play with some of the animals in class, and she liked that. Kellsie's good friend Destiny was in her class so they played together and recess. No boy drama as of today, but the rest of the school year is left. I can't wait!

Jakob was thrilled to have them home! But of course instead of Logan being happy that his brother missed him, he was more irritated that his little brother was following him around talking and bugging him non stop. There have been a few fights. They vowed to never speak to each other again (but as I am typing, they are playing in the bedroom and they are talking). Too funny! I hope that part gets better.

I took the kids out front today and they rode bikes and did some other imagination type stuff while I poured and cleaned ceramics. We just took baths, so we are doing good on time.

I am headed down stairs to cook dinner, watch the Olympics, put the kids to bed and clean and fire some ceramics. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Laura Johansen said...

Awesome Blog Katie!!!! - and I like the title - "one tired mom" - shows where your priorities are! - with your kids =)

Laura Looooo said...

wooohooo for school... i wish I was going back.... and maybe as the year goes on I will plan a trip to come and be Jakobs little play date... i miss that little guy :-) <3 u guys! have fun at school!

Highlander said...

I love the routine of school but hate the shopping for and getting up for it. Will Jakob be going to a school again this year. I hope 1st and 4th grade a great.

Melanie said...

Boy drama, can't wait do be dealing with that. So much fun to look forward to. Can't they stay small forever?

My Guest Book! Check it out!