Saturday, August 23, 2008

Kellsie's Room...again!

I just went into Kellsie's room an hour ago, to see how she was doing cleaning it. She was so good today, that I thought I would help her out and clean a little...BIG MISTAKE!

Under her bed, in her closet...

I just don't understand. I talk to her about being proud of your room and your belongings and taking care of them. She tells me that most of her friends mom's don't care if their rooms are messy or their mom's or maid clean them. AHHHH! What do you say to that?

I just reminder her that being part of this family means having chores and pitching in. I am not seeing a maid in our future anytime soon (and even if we could get a maid for a couple hours a week, bathrooms, kitchen and my stuff comes first).

Logan keeps his stuff looking good. Jakob (for the most part) keeps a clean room.

I have to brake Kellsie of this habbit before she goes to college and gets smacked around by a roommate.

The thing that kills me is that yesterday I checked her room before Girl scouts (if it was not clean, then she could not have gone), but I didn't check the closet.

And I think I need to start having the girl scouts stay down stairs when they come over. Kellsie keeps telling me that some of the girls make major messes and don't clean up after themselves (after the last slumber party, I agree).

Anyway, enough venting for now. Thanks for listening!

3 comments:

Summer said...

Amen, Sista!

Anonymous said...

It's like pulling teeth to get my kids to keep their rooms clean. They hate the cleaning lady as much as if not more than cleaning their rooms. They think she steals and hides their belongings on purpose. I keep telling them, clean it yourself and then you know where your stuff is!

It hasn't worked yet.

Christine Bushman said...

three words: BLACK TRASH BAG!!

it is a BIG threath here. The boys know that when MOM has a BLACK TRASH BAG, watch out, whatever goes in, doesn't come out.

They get moving REAL fast!!

My Guest Book! Check it out!