Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Books, Books everywhere

Last school year, the lady who works for Scholastic called and said her warehouse manager wanted to talk to me. When I went in for Book fair training, the manager told me that had tons of books that they clearanced out, but they didn't have space to sell them and asked if I wanted them (our school library gives a free book to each kid who turns in a monthly reading calendar) Anyways we worked out getting 10,000 books for 10,000 dollars. The cool thing was that when she was going through the ware house she found boxes (and I mean boxes) full of old coloring books and paint sets and she gave to us for free. Along with journals, teachers manuals and the list goes on.

So yesterday I took the kids in the school library to find a new place for the books (they were put in the "pit" of the library and they need to find a new home. The kids and I moved about 1/2 the boxes into new places.

Today Stephanie and I went in with our kids and moved the rest. The boxes never ended. We also moved all the fun stuff (coloring books, teaching aids, baseball cards, etc) into another pile and organized them for the teachers to come in and take what they could use for their class rooms.

Even though the day was long and my back hurts, it feels great to know that we now have enough books for the reading calendar for the whole school year.

We even took some prizes and books out for when we do the book fair. I am already excited about it.

1 comment:

Laura Looooo said...

ok... sooooo.... I am going to email you the file for it.... then when logged into blogger you go to "customize" in the top right corner... on your screen it will show your blog layout... at the top of it where it says "one tired mom" (it should be in a long bar across the top)... click edit on that...a little box will pop up... you want to save the header from your email... just drop the jpeg on your desktop or something... and where it says image..click the little box that says "from your computer" then "browse" and you want to choose the header file, then finally click the box that says "instead of title and description!" :-) that should do it :-)

My Guest Book! Check it out!