Saturday, August 9, 2008

I found something good about Albuquerque!

Last wed we went to the River with the Girl Scouts (the Rio Grande). We were there to work on 1/2 of our water is fun badge. We were suppose to watch for wildlife, check out the current, watch and listen, stuff like that. The girls were at the rivers edge to watch a baby frog when one of them lost a shoe in the water. Of course she got wet and then the rest of them wanted to get wet.

Here is where is gets fun. There was a little inlet where the current was really slow (but still a current, so we didn't have to worry about standing water). All the girls went in except for one (she was wearing her nice white school shoes). I went in too. I had so much fun (except for when I felt something slimy under my feet and yes I did scream like a girl!). The girls kept saying it was their best meeting ever. And I agree. Of course my car was a little sad with the massive amounts of mud that were left, but that can be cleaned.

I am going to take my kids back on Monday so they can play. I know my boys will love it. But this time I will bring towels and water to clean up with!



No comments:

My Guest Book! Check it out!