Saturday, June 13, 2009

Update on me and the baby

I had another Dr. Apt yesterday (I get to go every week now). I told her I had been having contractions everyday, all day since Monday and that I was really tired. She was planning on checking if I was dilated and then we had the most amazing, great conversation in the entire world...

She said if I was dilated and she checked, she would have to put it in the file and put me on bed rest. Which would be a joke considering the 3 kids I currently have and the GS day camp and other activities we already have planned. She said if she didn't check me then she didn't have to put me on bed rest. NICE!!!

Then she checked the heartbeat. STRONG! Then she told me the baby was head down and asked me how long he has been like that. I told her since Monday when the contractions hit. I also told her that my tummy was really, really, really sensitive when anyone touched it. So of course she touched it and when I cringed, she told me that baby was really strong and the massive amount of movement and kicking was causing the tenderness.

I told her that Logan was almost 9 lbs and that JAkob was induced two weeks early and was 8 1/2 lbs. She said that at 36 weeks she will start giving me Primrose to drink and strip my membranes and anything else she can do to help me have this little one early. But she also said (and this is the part that is so exciting) "If I last that long". Wouldn't that just be great?

Jeff is not as happy as I am. The baby is due Aug 11, which is his back to school time and tax free weekend at work. He got special permission to take vacation at that time. He really doesn't want to work that time period. Well, I am really not taking his concerns into consideration. In fact my conerns don't come into consideration. It is all up to little baby Lucas (Trying out the name out loud. Jeff hates it, but I don't care!).

Anyways, I am pumped and now I really want to make sure everything is set up, cleaned and ready for the baby. I had better get working on the charger blankets. I am making 3 of them, so I will have 2 more charger blankets than the 1 buffalo bills blanket I have.

5 comments:

Stacey said...

How exciting! That would be nice if he comes early for you. Let me know if you need anything esp if you end up on bed rest.

Highlander said...

I am soooo excited for ypu all. We are already back in school then.

Sara said...

Wooo-hooo! i'm so thrilled for you and Lucas! I actually love that name. Lucy and Lucas should meet up one of these days. Oh, your boys are just adorable! I hope it all looks up and you have this guy sooner than me! Going on 40 and she's not here, but at least I made it to a point I didn't think possible. Throwing up all last night, still though. Urgh!

Melanie said...

LOVE that name! I hope you get it. What a lovely midwife you have. Sounds like she actually listens to you!

Welcome to Newman's World said...

Yeah I am so happy for you, I can't wait to see pics and hear how wonderful he is... ANd Men don't get it let him carry a baby for 9 months and see if he wouldn't want to go early lol..... I couldn't be more happy for you Katie...

My Guest Book! Check it out!