Friday, June 5, 2009

There is a method to my madness...I hope.

Since this is my fourth kids, I have developed a "Method" to the things I do. After we set up the stroller I got out the last baby doll we have and had each kid practise getting the baby in the car seat, buckling him up and then carrying him and putting him in the stroller.

Some of you would wonder why. Why would you do that Katie? Don't you know that they will try it with the new baby?

I know they will try it with the new baby! No matter how careful I am. No matter how much I try to protect the new little one coming into our home. There will be a time that I have to go to the bathroom and that will be the time Jakob will take the baby and try to get him in the car seat without anyone around.

This will happen!
It is not an "If" it is a "when"

So I taught them to do it the right way. Support the head. Careful not to pinch the baby's skin. Carry the car seat even (not sideways the way Jakob did it the first time). How to click everything in, so if they do carry is sideways, the baby won't fall out. Just the basics like that.

Jakob had to work on this part a lot. His hands are not strong enough to release the latch. But he plans on working on it so he is ready for when the baby comes.
Logan was very gentle doing this part. Better than Jeff who turned it sideways because he couldn't figure out how it went together. I love you babe, but you are not allowed to get our baby in the stroller (this might sound mean, but this is the same man who put Kellsie in the baby car seat and did a windmill action with his arm with the car seat in his hand. HE IS NOT ALLOWED TO CARRY OUR BABY EITHER!).

This was the time Jakob carried the car seat even.



Look at how happy Kellsie is. She is going to make a great mom someday (some day way way way in the future). And look at Jeff's sexy legs. What a stud!


Look at Logan supporting the baby's head. What a good kid.
Isn't this a nice stroller? I love it! I love the colors! THANKS GIRL SCOUTS! YOU ROCK!!!




No comments:

My Guest Book! Check it out!