Wednesday, April 1, 2009

That has gotta hurt...

Last night Jeff took the kids outside to figure out the back yard landscaping. I went out to see how they were doing and Logan is sitting on the slide crying/screaming with Jeff next to him trying to comfort him.

What had happened is that he was climbing on the playground and fell. He landed legs split on a metal bar (you know, hitting the boy parts). We get him inside and Jeff tells me to check him out. WHATEVER! He is way too old for me to be checking. So Jeff did the honors of making sure all the parts were where they were suppose to be. Of course he did say words like "they don't look broken". Scaring the crap out of my son.

I told them we should get an ice pack in place to keep the swelling down and help with the massive amount of pain. Next thing I know Jeff is taking an ice pack and putting in places where the sun doesn't shine. "THIS ICE PACK IS FOR LUNCHES NOT BODY PARTS!" I explained that if he was going to use that ice pack he needed to put it in a plastic bag and wrap it in a towel. That pack could have frozen to Logan's area without a towel. You think a Dad would be a little more sensitive about that.

Logan was still hurting today, but better than yesterday. I told him if he was still in pain on thurs I would take him to the Dr. Poor baby.

AS for Jeff. I think I am going to make him take a first aid class.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Wow, that was almost painful to even read. Poor Logan. I hope he recovers okay.

My Guest Book! Check it out!