Sunday, November 30, 2008

Nativity Collections

I have always loved Nativity Scenes. So When I got married I started collecting them. It started with a crystal piece and then every year since then Jeff has bought me a Nativity. So while Kellsie and I were setting up, I started taking pictures of them. They are not amazing pictures and you can't see detail, but you get the idea.

My sister in Law Rose got me this in Spain (on her mission). It is made out of Olive Wood.



Laurel bought me this one. I really like the colors. So on a side note (and my brothers should feel really bad about this) I have asked them while they were on their mission to bring back a Nativity from the places they served. My brothers have served in Spain, Ukraine, Uruguay and Georgia. So I could have some pretty different ones. But they have all forgotten to bring me back one. I even told them I would pay for them. I think they all forgot, but I am reminding them right now.
I did have some more from Jeff, but having boys has not made things easy on the nativity front. You see the football likes to be thrown in my house (not that I let it, but it still happens). And it ways during Christmas brakes a nativity. And so far it has always been Joseph who bites the dust. Very sad.
I did have one that my mom gave me a couple years back. It was a ceramic one that she made herself. I use to be in charge of setting it up every year when I was younger, so she gave it to me. This was one of the ones that met the football head on. So I bought the Ceramic mold and I am making another one just like it.
Jeff has been trying to buy me some really cool (and expensive) ones the past couple of years, but I have asked him to hold off on the ones that cost over 50.00 because there is a good chance they will get broken. I will wait until the kids are out of the house and I can get shelving that is really high up and protected by shatter proff glass.

No comments:

My Guest Book! Check it out!