Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I love Thanks Giving

On Monday for Family Home Evening we went shopping. I know that sounds dull, but shopping with me is the best adventure ever!

I had just made the Thanks Giving list of food that we needed. I also added some things that we needed in general. We went to Smiths because it had most of the things I needed on sale, plus I had tons of their coupons. WE TOTALLY SCORED!

They had the deal where if you spent 25.00 you can get a turkey for 29cents a pound. So I tossed half of the grocery's in Jeff's cart and 1/2 in mine. I spent 52.00 and saved 67.00 (that's right, over 50%). Then Jeff spend 56.00 and saved 48.00 (not as well as I did, but I didn't expect him to beet me at the shopping game). So for 100.00 we got 2 turkeys, 15lbs of ground beef, all the Thanks Giving stuff and a bunch of normal stuff (ie butter...).

The kids had a blast! We told them we were having a dessert cook off for Thanks Giving. Each could pick a dessert and make it. I am making apple pie. Logan is making a choc pudding pie with whipped cream on top. Jakob is making his famous choc cake (from a box) with choc frosting. Kellsie is making a mango shake. And Jeff can't make up his mind. Might be some apple bread or cheese cake or something crazy, we wont know until it happens. I will let you know who the winner is.

1 comment:

Laura Looooo said...

I am all about all chocolate... even tho I am a million miles away... my vote goes to Jakob :-) Love you littttle man!

My Guest Book! Check it out!