Monday, January 5, 2009

I thought it was a good idea

So Jakob has been smothering me a little. He likes to hug my tummy and kiss me and love me and love me and love me and love me...

So this morning I was trying to take his mind off me a little. I got out our last baby doll and took out on of the diapers I already started buying (positive thinking). I showed him how to put the diaper on and take it off. I showed him how to hold a baby (to the head doesn't toss about) and how to wrap the baby up. Good idea? WRONG!

It worked for about 10 min. He was so cute and sweet with the baby. But then he started driving me crazy ( I know most of my craze is just the hormones, but ahhhhh!). He has the baby kiss me on the face over and over again (did I tell you the baby has a hard head, I think I have a fat lip). Then the baby gets hungry and there was no way I was pretending to nurse a pretend baby, so I told him the baby liked pickles (sorry Jeff, but I think Jakob used the whole pickle jar, but it was keeping him busy, so I didn't care).

I just need to rest without all the love! Sound bad? Well it sounded bad writing it. I love my kids, but I need a little more space. They are so worried about me and the baby, that the personal space is gone. Poor kids. I guess I just need to suck it up and nurse the pretend baby!

3 comments:

Sara said...

Oh Katie, I hope everything goes well for you and this baby. Every day that goes bye is another to lend more hope. I'm past my miscarriage marks, but still get nervous about what is really suppose to happen. I think I'll have fears up until I have a healthy baby lying in my arms, like a 10 pound one for all I care! Let me know if I can do anything to ease your tension. Love you.

Stephanie said...

You just wait when Jakob is feeding your real baby pickles... I'm sorry Zach isn't there to keep Jakob busy...

Summer said...

Hey, can he come over to our house and play with Isaac? That would keep Isaac out of my hair while I am trying to study! I can come and pick him up sometime. Just let me know.

My Guest Book! Check it out!