Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Almost 12 weeks...



As some of you already know, it's been a very emotionally and physically stressful weekend. Early Sunday morning, we thought that Katie had another miscarriage. While this situation seemed like Katie's other miscarriages, something was a little different,both physically and the way we were emotionally. Even the next day when we broke the news to the kids, both Logan and Jakob insisted that the baby was still in Katie's belly. Logan asked for a doctors note as proof and Jakob told Katie that she did not enough faith. At the time, these comments were not as funny or ironic as they are now. So we went to the Doctor on Monday, of course, he did not seem optimistic. He brought out a "old School" ultra-sound machine. He then told us, "come look at this"...it was a heartbeat. Of course Jakob was there and he said,"I told you so!" The doctor could not say for sure what casued the issues on Sunday morning, but said that it most like was a subchorionic hematoma. We then had a real unltrasound done. The baby and Katie appeared healthy, the baby had a strong heartbeat and was very active, even at 12 weeks old.

As a family, we wanted to say thank you to all our family and friends that kept us in their prayers. Thanks for those that called, visited, sent flowers, and dropped off dinner and especailly the treats(since Katie is still very nauseous, she forced me to eat the treats against my own will). We appreciated all the thoughts prayers and support...Jeff

4 comments:

Highlander said...

I only wish I was closer to help but if you wanna ship them all to me I will take all of then and their pets (ok maybe not the snake). Take good care, rest and you will never be in my thoughts.

Summer said...

Yea (again)! It looks just like you!

Highlander said...

I meant you will never be far from my thoughts--sorry:)

Sara said...

Wow, that was really hard for me to read and imagine you going through. I hope everything goes well for you . . . still . . . I know you're probably walking on pins and needles. I have, this entire pregnancy with the thought that I couldn't really be blessed with a healthy baby in about 20 weeks here. So, here's hoping and praying for you to hold a perfect little babe in 28 weeks. I'm so hopeful for you. Hang in there Katie. Love you.

My Guest Book! Check it out!