Thursday, January 22, 2009

Great Day!

Today was my first Dr. Apt. I had been stressing all day yesterday thinking horrible thoughts and stressing myself out. But I heard the heart beat today. Lots of tears.

I am going to loveless woman's hospital and I am seeing a midwife named Tammy. I already love her, and I don't like too many dr's, so loving her is pretty major.

She told me I was high risk because I have PCOS and a high rate of miscarriages. I added that I was also overweight and old. She laughed and said that we lived in New Mexico and I was on the slim side (do you see why I love her).

She is cool with me taking herbs (no other dr has been), she said I should eat whatever I feel like until I can feel better (take that Jeff!). and she set me up with an ultrasound for next monday.

I know it is going to cost money, but I would love some more data telling me the baby is strong and healthy.

Anyways, I am a happy girl!

5 comments:

Trisha said...

Awww....don't worry too much. I know thats hard. Heres to healthy babies!

Stephanie said...

Yeah!!! I'm so happy that you are happy! Here's to good care-givers!!

Welcome to Newman's World said...

CONGRAT'S KATIE!!!! I am soooooooooo happy for you there's nothing like seeing the heart beat to put your mind to rest! I do understand I wish you could see me jumping up and down for you~ but just know I am.

Sara said...

hoooray! i'm so happy for you katie! i'll talk to you more when i get back into town. soon, i'm thinking, but we may not stay. at any rate, you are so wonderful to be taking on this challenge again. you deserve a healthy beautiful baby coming up here soon. i'll be thinking of you a lot. i'm so happy for you.

Chamrie Andrews said...

Yay! I am excited for you. :)

My Guest Book! Check it out!