Tuesday, December 30, 2008

2008 Christmas Letter

Giras Family Christmas Letter-2008

Kellsie: Our little girl is not so little anymore. Kellsie is very active in Girl Scouts. She was one of the top sellers for Cookies. She is at the top of her class in School. She just got her 3rd grade state test scores back and she is proficient in everything (the highest score). She loves reading and we can’t seem to buy her enough books. And she loves animals. She has a new pet rat “Pinkie” and her dog “Harley”. And she attracts stray animals. Kittens, dogs, you name it, they find our house and she is compelled to take care of them. We are glad she has such a kind heart.

Logan: Football Forever! He is the captain of his recess football team. He is the quarterback. We hear stories every night about how he won the game with his amazing pass. He is going to play football for the Cowboys. And he is going to BYU to play football there also. Logan is also at the top of his class. He has not gotten any wrong answers on his math tests. In fact the teacher is ordering advanced math games for him. He went to 4 Judo events this year. He took 1 first place, 2 second places and 1 third place. He also earned his Orange belt this year.

Jakob: This was his last year of preschool. He goes into Kinder next year. HE loves to play football with Logan, cook with Dad, Play computer with Kellsie or snuggle with mom. He is very smart on the computer. Last he told me I could find what I needed if I went to www. _____.com. He knows so much about computers at such an early age. Jakob also got two pet rats for his birthday. He named them Eragon and Darth Vader. He takes really good care of them. Jakob starts Judo in January and he can’t wait. Jakob is always making us laugh. He has a great sense of humor.

Jeff: is still the General Manager with Staples. He likes (for the most part) the people that he works with. He comes home happy and not stressed (my favorite part). Jeff has been able to spend a lot of time launching rockets with Logan, playing football with the boys or playing Wii with the kids. He even took Kellsie Christmas shopping and neither of them came back crying. He spends a lot of time with us and he is an amazing Father and Husband.

Katie: I am still volunteering once a week with Humanitarian Aid making blankets for various groups. I volunteer in the kids classes and was PTO President for a couple of months before I resigned. Long story. Call me if you want to know more. I am still Kellsie’s Girl Scout troop leader and love it! For the past couple weeks I have been lying on the couch doing nothing. Jeff has me on strict orders not to do anything. I am pregnant again and he is driving me crazy protecting me. But I know he loves me (to death!)

Vacations and Trips:

We went to the Zoo and bio park many times this year. We love going there and checking out the animals and fun things to do.

We went camping at Fenton Lake. We took a short stop to climb the rocks and caves. Took tons of pictures of our adorable kids.

Went swimming in the Rio Grande River. That was fun and dirty.


We went to San Diego. My brother Randy got married to his sweetheart Caitlin and we went down to see all the fun. They were married in the San Diego Temple and we were able to be there with my family to watch. Then we spent time with our friends the Gillens. The kids played lazer tag for the first time and we got to catch up with our friends Matt and Kristi. We went to Disney Land. We had a blast. On the way back to San Diego, we stopped by Hollywood and walked around.

So much has happened; it never fits in a letter. Stay current with us through our Blogs:

http://kalibabe6.blogspot.com

http://stuckinnewmexico.blogspot.com

We love you! Have a great Christmas and New Year!

The Giras Family

(Jeff, Katie, Kellsie, Logan, Jakob, Ransom, Harley, Babalu, Elvis2, Pinkie, Darth Vader, Eragon and some fish)

1 comment:

Welcome to Newman's World said...

sounds like everyone is happy I didn't know you were pregnant congrat how far are you? I couldn't be more happier for you.

My Guest Book! Check it out!