Saturday, October 25, 2008

Book Fair and Fall Festival

The Book Fair went really well. Stephanie Rocked the house as normal on this book fair. We had our Clifford Family Night on Wednesday. We were telling the kids that the first 20 kids in the door would get a coupon for a free dinner to Golden Corral. Well I showed up at 5:30 to get the money set up and turn on the lights and so on. I went to unlock the library and there was already a line. A big line. When we opened the door at 6pm I handed out all the coupons,, plus another 8 and it still wasn't enough for the line that had gathered. CRAZY! We sold 900.00 in Books that night.

The Fall Festival was amazing! I was a little worried at first. We had problems with the class rooms doors being locked. Then the jumpers that we were putting in the gym didn't fit and we were trying to take part of the door off. Then the power tripped int he gym and we had to get that back up and running. 7 Teachers just didn't show up to do their game which took the extra volunteers we had to help run things and put them in the class room.

But by about 6:15 we were up and running. There were enough games that they didn't wait in lines for long (which were one of our goals), we almost sold out of tickets (which was one of our goals).

We had too much food. We lost money on pizza and on cotton candy and Carmel apples. I am hoping we can sell some of them on Monday and make some of the money back. I don't think the Festival was a money maker last year and I didn't think it was going to be this year. We are counting the money on Monday and I just hope we brake even. Making a little would be great too.

Last night after I went and put the money in the Principal's safe, I was walking in the dark back to the cafeteria when I totally fell. I sprained both ankles and skinned up my knee. I thought a good nights rest would help, but I am having trouble putting any weight on one of my feet. I am going to take some pain killers and see if that helps.

I have to go and take down the fair today with Steph and then I have to take three Girl Scouts to a Girl Scout thing.

But then starting Monday I should have a normal week (I think I am dreaming because next week I have to close out the financials on the book fair. Count tons of money and roll coins for PTO. Clean the PTO room and organize the mess that is in there. Clean the house. Pack all our stuff for San Diego. Pour and paint ceramics for San Diego (we are leaving on Nov 1st) and try and be a semi good mother).

Wish me luck!

No comments:

My Guest Book! Check it out!