Thursday, September 17, 2009

Bronze Award

Our Girl Scout Troop is working on their Bronze Award. It is the highest award you can earn as a Junior Girl Scout. They have done everything for the award so far except for the 15 hour service project.

The choose to make small bean bags (to give weight and comfort) and little pillows (for them to sleep on) for the Lovelace NICU (or Preemie unit).

They started cutting and sewing last night. Most of the girls don't or didn't know how to sew. I was able to sit down with them and teach them how to use my machine. Each of them left knowing how to sew both of the projects we are working on. I was so proud of them.

They also learned how to cut out the patterns and then pin and cut them out on material. They could use some help on cutting straight lines, but I think we all could use help with that.






I am really proud of the girls and how hard they worked. It was nice that KEllsie already knew how to cut fabric and sew. I was impressed by how she worked and how she helped other girls learn. She is an amazing daughter and I love her!!! YOU ROCK KELLSIE!

No comments:

My Guest Book! Check it out!